Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » News page question.

News page question.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 9 September 2017 - 10:04 CET

Hi all,

Tomorrow it would be a historic day on my base airport because it would be the first time that a B787 will touch ground,

So my question is if that type of news can be here?

Because I doesn´t found any thing on the news guidance of FIRST MODEL VISIT, so I don´t knew if it´s acceptable.

Thanks, Lien.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 9 September 2017 - 11:51 CET

Hi LIEN,

If it will be a first visit of that type of aicraft (B787) on a specific airport (I don't know exactly which), I think it can be accepted as a news.

The news guidance contains general rules, but of course it cannot define each specific case, so in every situation which isn't mentioned in the guidance, I'm trying to choose if it's worth publishing or not (generally it's a matter of "interesting news" or "not interesing news"), because sometimes there are to many pictures uploaded as a news, so some of them are not published on the main page even if they generally meet news requirements (especially rare visits).

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 9 September 2017 - 15:50 CET

Thanks Karol for your answer, the airport is La Palma, on the Canary Islands (SPC/GCLA).

Cheers, Lien.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 9 September 2017 - 22:54 CET

I think it'll be okay Lien. Good luck ;)

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 28 December 2019 - 19:59 CET

Hi, I uploaded a photo the 20 of December as news, it was accepted the 21st and one week passed for now and I can't see it on the news page, wasn't it postted because it's the first visit af a type/model to the airport or is it something else? But I've seen news about first visit of a model of aircraft to an airport. My photo is of an Embraer E-195 E2.

Have a nice day!

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 28 December 2019 - 20:08 CET

For something else I meant if does it meets the requirements.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1330 (23 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.